Due to an unserviceable level of demand, Caxton Legal Centre’s Employment Law Service is restricted to the matters listed below.
The Employment Law Service can help clients who are earning less than $80, 000 or, if dismissed, were earning less than $80,000 prior to their dismissal and are seeking legal advice because they have been:
- sacked or lost their job and would like advice about a dismissal claim
- bullied at work
- sexually harassed at work
- discriminated against at work.
We may be able to help someone who is not sure if they are a contractor or an employee, or who suspects they are a sham contractor, but will cease assisting if it becomes clear that the person is conducting a business (genuine contractors).
We cannot help with:
- contracts, either at the outset of employment or during employment
- unpaid wages and entitlements disputes
- second opinions
- work cover and other injury-related matters.
If someone is eligible for help or advice from a Union, it is preferable that they are referred to their Union. For wages and entitlements disputes, we encourage referrals to the Fair Work Ombudsman.