Caxton has a proud history, stretching over several decades, of taking on a wide range of important cases.
Some of these matters have included:
- consumer cases against banks
- discrimination claims on behalf of underpaid Aboriginal workers
- discrimination claims on behalf of deaf children
- representation for public protestors
- deaths in custody inquests.
Casework is resource intensive and is therefore available only in limited circumstances. Guidelines for undertaking ongoing casework and representation are available from the centre.
A Duty Lawyer Service is available to assist clients on the day of their appearance in the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court or self-represented respondents for appearances in the Brisbane Magistrates Domestic Violence Court.