Caxton Legal Centre is making some temporary changes to the way it delivers its services having regard to the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, and considering state and federal government health recommendations and restrictions.
Caxton is still providing legal and social work services. However, from today we are stopping face-to-face appointments. We will be offering appointments by telephone. We will continue to review this decision regularly.
While our office will remain open to the public at the moment, we request that you not attend our office if your visit is not essential or where we could speak to you by telephone. Please do not attend our office if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell.
Caxton Legal Centre has produced a number of factsheets that relate to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- COVID-19 and your everyday legal issues
- COVID-19 and the legal consequences of failing to self-quarantine
- COVID-19 and family law issues.
We recommend that you keep up to date with the latest government advice regarding COVID-19 by checking the:
- Queensland Health: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Queenslanders
- Australian Government Department of Health: Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.