Chief Operating Officer
- Support and work collaboratively with the CEO and Management Committee
- Queensland’s largest community legal centre
- Lead, develop and manage operational systems and processes
This role will support and work collaboratively with the CEO, the legal Practice Directors and Caxton’s Management Committee to ensure Caxton has the proper operational controls, administrative, reporting procedures and people systems in place. Direct reports include staff responsible for administration of business services, client services and IT/data management.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Operational Direction and Leadership
- Financial Management, Compliance and Reporting
- In conjunction with the CEO, Strategic and Corporate Planning
- Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety
- Information Technology
- Team Development and Leadership
- Administration and Infrastructure
This position will suit a COO who has experience in not-for-profit organisations, most desirably in the community legal sector. In addition to the skills required for the key areas of responsibility, the successful candidate will have the ability to lead strategic projects including the development of communication and volunteer engagement plans and ideally have a sound knowledge of management information systems and network administration. You will be experienced in preparing budgets and financial reports, have a sound knowledge of risk management principles, are able to draft and negotiate business plans and funding agreements and will have led and managed the recruitment and training of staff. This role requires strong leadership, excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and experience in successful change management.